North Sydney | Permanent | Full time
At Monoova, we are all about freeing businesses to scale. That is why we have designed world-class, bank-grade, global payment solutions to allow businesses to do what they do best. Since our origins in 2017, we have been at the forefront of payments innovation in Australia by delivering novel ways for business to automate how they receive, manage and pay funds. Our clients are among the most innovative companies around. We are committed to supporting them with excellent product to sustain the digital economy of the future. On the back of rapid growth over the past two years, we are on looking for tremendous talent to join the Monoova movement.
People First – We are scaling fast, but we will grow with empathy and kindness – to our people and clients.
Better, together – We will always find a solution, but we know we can do it better together.
Passion for Product – We are built on one common mission, to build the best product for our customers.
Think Big. Brave. Bold. – We will never stop innovating or pushing boundaries to stay ahead of the curve.
We’re only human – We can’t always win, or always be right. But we will always be honest, authentic and accountable.
What you’ll be doing
We’relooking for a Corporate and Commercial Lawyer who will support Monoova’s legal team on a range of legal matters across the business. You will be reporting directly to the General Counsel and will be part of a growing and dynamic legal team. This role will suit best somebody who is pragmatic, flexible and keen to make an impact in a new industry.
This is a full-time position and will ideally be located in our Sydney office, but we are open to considering hybrid or part time working arrangements.
In this role, you’ll be:
· Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various agreements primarily NDAs, license agreements, data agreements, customer agreements and agreements with banking partners and suppliers.
· Creating/maintaining contract form templates
· Responsible for ongoing contract management
· Liaising with business areas and provide advice and assistance as requirements might arise
· Supporting thebusiness, sales and product teams in the context of commercial negotiations and client discussions/issues.
· Identifying and supporting legal operations initiatives to improve the effectiveness of the legal team.
What we need from you
· Self- starter
· Have stand out analytical, communication, people/relationship and time management skills
· Stakeholder management skills
· Leadership skills
· Organisation and attention to detail is essential to this role
Your experience and knowledge
· Flexible Working Arrangement
· Supportive leadership team
· Short-term incentive program
· Great team culture with regular events (COVIDpermitting)
· Experience of building something new and exciting!
· Externally: Clients and Partners
· Internally: General Counsel, Senior Leadership Team,Chief Risk Officer
· Reportingto: General Counsel