At Monoova, we are all about freeing businesses to scale. That is why we have designed world-class, bank-grade, global payment solutions to allow businesses to do what they do best. Since our origins in 2017, we have been at the forefront of payments innovation in Australia by delivering novel ways for business to automate how they receive, manage and pay funds. Our clients are among the most innovative companies around. We are committed to supporting them with excellent product to sustain the digital economy of the future.
On the back of rapid growth over the past two years, we are on looking for tremendous talent to join the Monoova movement.
People First – We are scaling fast, but wewill grow with empathy and kindness – to our people and clients.
Better, Together – We will always find a solution,but we know we can do it better together.
Passion for Product – We are built on one commonmission, to build the best product for our customers.
Think Big. Brave. Bold. – We will never stop innovating or pushing boundaries to stay ahead of the curve.
We’re only human – We can’t always win, or always be right. But we will always be honest, authentic and accountable.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for a highly motivated candidate to join our team as a Reconciliations Officer.
In this role, you’ll be reporting to the Middle office Manager
A typical day would involve:
- Perform daily bank reconciliation and work with Middle Office to ensure daily FX clients transactions settlements are completed in a timely manner
- Ensuring accuracy for multicurrency client holding accounts
- Working closely with settlements team and assist them in approving payment instructions on various banking platforms
- Perform daily client money reconciliation.
- Monitoring revenue and cost recognition based on clients profile in ERP system
- Liaising with banks and FX business in cash flow & treasury management
- Perform month-end close processes in derivatives and hedge accounting and subsystems
- Perform reconciliations of derivatives-related general ledger accounts and positions
- Resolving accounting discrepancies across all of FX trading and banking platforms (liquidity providers)
- Preparing monthly accruals and prepayments general journal.
- Summarise current financial status by collecting information, preparing management reports, profitability reports and monthly reconciliation reports
- Preparing monthly accurately and real time summary of customer-based financial analysis
- Working with other team members to assist Middle office Manager to prepare the monthly financial dashboard, quarterly shareholder update and etc.
- Regulatory Compliance Reporting (AFSL, Austrac and Clients Money Reporting Rules)
- Liaising with external auditors
- Work on ad-hoc projects assigned by Middle office Manager and contribute effectively
Whatwe need from you
- Superior computer literacy with excellent Excel & Word skills (MUST)
- Understanding and experience of Treasury Accounting including foreign exchange, liquidity, cashflow and various Financial Instruments
- Stakeholder management
- Demonstrated high attention to detail and ability to check facts accurately (essential)
- Ability to work both collaboratively and individually
- Sense of urgency. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Flexible and adaptive.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
Yourexperience and knowledge
Although specific skills are preferable, we are open to hear from people with varying backgrounds.
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 3 years experience and successful track record in accounting/Finance role (essential)
- 3+ years’ experience with ERP accounting software
- Experience within fintech, high growth tech or high-volume financial services businesses is highly regarded
- Flexible Working Arrangement
- Supportive leadership team
- Short-term incentive program
- Great team culture with regular events (COVID permitting)
- Experience of building something new and exciting!