We’re looking for a Risk Manager Merchant Acquiring to manage risk associated with accepting card payments throughout the entire product lifecycle including onboarding new clients, setting their settlement limits, monitoring their transactions and managing fraud incidents. You'll be reporting to our Chief Risk Officer.
Integrity – We’re a company built on integrity, inside and outside of our organisation.
Empathy – We take great care to understand perspectives of everyone in our eco-system
Innovation – Individually and as an organisation, we are innovators. Everything we do today, can and will be improved tomorrow.
Performance – We are a results driven organisation with a commitment to technology.
What you’ll be doing:
Monoova’s merchant acquiring product allows our corporate clients to offer their customers payment via debit and credit cards. This role will be responsible for managing risk associated with accepting card payments throughout the entire product lifecycle including onboarding new clients, setting their settlement limits, monitoring their transactions and managing fraud incidents.
In this role, you’ll:
- Assess applications for merchant facilities and other linked products including verifying information provided on the merchant application and supporting documentation is correct and consistent with required standards
- Assess material in-life change events associated with merchant facilities and other linked products
- Perform periodic reviews of merchant accounts including financial reports, public and non-public personal information reports, business credit reports and merchant websites including detection of inconsistencies and adjustments made to website after approval
- Monitor daily, monthly and quarterly sales, transaction and chargeback volumes to identify any trends or issues
- Review exception batches for suspicious activity, investigating potential fraudulent merchant activity
- Communicate with merchants regarding their applications, exception activity and request additional information as necessary, contact card issuing banks and/or cardholders regarding merchant exception activity
- Communicate with sales and account management colleagues regarding risk assessment decisions, and liaise with customers as applicable
- Recommend funding holds/releases and report and investigate any potential losses as appropriate
- Monitor open collection reporting and correspond with merchants in open collection
- Provide education to merchants on proper card acceptance and chargeback prevention, work with merchants to develop and institute chargeback reduction plans
- Complete loss exposure analysis for transacting merchants
What we need from you
- Strong understanding of risk management frameworks from setting risk appetite to assessing risk and developing controls
- Strong understanding of fraud, chargebacks, reason codes and other payment-related procedures.
- Strong communication skills across all levels of the organisation including customers, regulators, business partners, operations, executive and the Monoova Board
- Ability to read financial statements and credit reports and be able to provide detailed financial analysis and understanding of risk exposure
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills for analysing large data sets
- Problem solving is essential, being able to take difficult situations and move them to resolution with limited customer impact
- Customer focus and commercial mindset
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum 7 years working in the financial services industry
- Minimum 3 years specialising in either fraud risk management, credit risk management or operational risk management
- Experience with card payment processing is preferred
Monoova Culture and Benefits
- Hybrid working arrangement so you can enjoy more flexibility.
- Short-term incentive program to thank our employees for all their hard work and dedication.
- Birthday leave, because why would you want to work on your birthday!
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, so you get extra time with your newborn and to recover.
- Annual IT allowance - for all your personal IT needs.
- Culture valuing career progression and development.
- After hours travel and meal allowance. We understand work doesn’t always end at 5pm, so we want to ensure you are well feed and safe when putting in the extra hours.
- Monthly team engagement events to promote a fun, dynamic and supportive team culture.
- Employee Assistance Program to ensure your wellbeing is key!
- Complimentary provisions on us