At Monoova, we are all about freeing businesses to scale. That is why we have designed world-class, bank-grade, global payment solutions to allow businesses to do what they do best. Since our origins in 2017, we have been at the forefront of payments innovation in Australia by delivering novel ways for business to automate how they receive, manage, and pay funds. Our clients are among the most innovative companies around. We are committed to supporting them with excellent product to sustain the digital economy of the future. On the back of rapid growth over the past two years, we are on looking for tremendous talent to join the Monoova movement.
People First –We are scaling fast, but we will grow with empathy and kindness – to our people and clients.
Better, Together –We will always find a solution, but we know we can do it better together.
Passion for Product –We are built on one common mission, to build the best product for our customers.
Think Big. Brave. Bold. –We will never stop innovating or pushing boundaries to stay ahead of the curve.
We’re only human – Wecan’t always win, or always be right. But we will always be honest, authenticand accountable.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, who will lead the design, development, testing, deployment, support and maintenance of platforms critical to Monoova clients. Work within a scrum agile methodology,collaborate with team members and stakeholders. Work on leading digital customer experiences and capabilities in finance, payments, and foreign exchange. Constantly evolve commercially viable products based on meaningful data insights and customer feedback.
In this role you'll be
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, supporting, and maintaining program code for critical finance and payments digital platforms & UIs in a fast-moving and regulated environment.
- Synthesizing requirements that underpin feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches if warranted, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to ensure alignment with UX, functional and non-functional goals
- Identifying, collaborating, recommending, and documenting solutions to remedy security, performance, and process challenges in existing systems
- Self-managing own role responsibilities requiring minimal oversight
What we need from you
- Understanding of the requirements in designing and developing enterprise grade software, especially finance or payments systems.
- Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration / deployment environments with VSTS & Git
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and commercially viable solutions
- Ability to deal with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills which allow you to build and maintain trust
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and individually
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Banking, and financial industry experience is advantageous or willingness to learn is key
- 5+ years professional experience in software development and delivery
- Understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented development techniques using RESTful interfaces
- Understanding of relational databases, especially Microsoft SQL Server technologies. Experience with non-relational database technologies is advantageous.
- Knowledge of .NET technologies and C#
- Experience with Azure cloud services is advantageous. AWS or similar experience is helpful too.
- Knowledge of front-end development technologies such as React, Angular 2+ with Typescript or ES6Payments is advantageous
- Understanding of Agile SCRUM methodology
- Experience with Atlassian tools, particularly JIRA and Confluence
- Intermediate knowledge of computer networking and information security requirements for a regulated environment
- Exposure to enterprise CRM platforms particularly MS dynamics 365 valuable.
Training Requirements for this role
- Line of Business System Briefings
- IT Policies & Procedures
- IT Systems & Cloud Infrastructure Introduction
- Data Processing System training as required (SQL, NoSQL, Streams)
- Flexible working arrangement
- Supportive leadership team
- Short-term incentive program
- Great team culture with regular events (COVID permitting)
- Experience of building something new and exciting!